OMNE/Nursing Leaders of Maine awards scholarships for Maine nursing students attending a Maine nursing program annually. OMNE/Nursing Leaders of Maine offers scholarships as a means of recognizing and assisting nursing students in their academic endeavors. The scholarship is provided for use by deserving nursing students who are pursuing a bachelors or higher degree in nursing. A committee established by MNE/Nursing Leaders reviews and ranks each application, based on academic achievement and letters of recommendation.
Any Maine individual enrolled in a Maine accredited BSN or MSN nursing bachelors degree program with an overall grade point average of “C” or better in current program
Scholarship award amount is approximately $500.
Applications are available through OMNE/Nursing Leaders by contacting the Scholarship Committee Chairperson or by downloading the application form here.
Applicants must submit:
- Current academic transcript
- Confirmation of enrollment in an accredited nursing program in Maine
- Two letters of recommendation from a school official, teacher, guidance counselor or health care professional
- A brief note explaining why the scholarship would help you
Applications are accepted starting January 1. The applications must be received by May 1.
- September 27, 2018 - September 28, 2018
Articles of Interest and Support
Maine Action Coalition
Creating innovative solutions where nurses lead the way to address Maine’s health challenges.
OMNE is at the legislative table, promoting nursing from patient to policy.