Campaign For Action
The Campaign for Action is transforming health and health care through nursing, and building a healthier America. Backed by AARP Foundation, AARP, and the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation, the Future of Nursing: Campaign for Action works in every state to mobilize nurses, health providers, consumers, educators, and businesses to strengthen nursing on multiple fronts. The organization’s goals are based on recommendations from the Institute of Medicine’s Future of Nursing report.
The Maine Action Coalition works to create innovative solutions where nurses are leading the way to address Maine’s health challenges and partners with diverse stakeholders to plan for a workforce to meet the health care needs of our citizens.
Maine Nurse Core Competencies
The Maine Nurse Core Competencies was developed when the Massachusetts Department of Higher Education and the Massachusetts Organization of Nurse Executives convened a facilitated working session involving several stakeholders. Maine’s Partners in Education and Practice (PEP) adopted the core competencies model for Maine. See the Maine Nurse Core Competencies.
- Aligning Forces for Quality
- American Nurses Association
- American Organization of Nurse Executives
- ANA Maine
- IOM Report on the Future of Nursing
- Lunder- Dineen Health Education Alliance of Maine
- Maine Nurse Core Competencies
- Maine Hospital Association
- Maine Quality Forum
- Maine State Board of Nursing
- Maine State Legislature
- Maine State Schools of Nursing
- Maine Workforce Forum
- Quality Counts
- Region 1 AONE Affiliated Local Groups
- Sigma Theta Tau
- Institute for Healthcare Improvement