Augusta Civic Center
March 22, 2017
The planning committee for the 2017 Maine Nursing Summit invites you to submit an abstract about innovative nursing practices being used in Maine. The overall theme is “Building a Culture of Health Begins with ME”.
The abstract must include background information and description, evaluation methods (if appropriate), and summary. Abstracts can include works in progress. Selected abstracts are allotted a 20-minute time slot (15-minute presentation with 5 minutes for questions and answers) or poster presentation (includes 5 minutes to introduce the poster). The planning committee will select a wide range of abstracts. The goal is to have presenters geographically distributed and representative of the health care continuum and/or educational programs in Maine.
The Goals of the Summit Include:
- Exploring issues challenging nursing in Maine
- Preparing nurses and faculty in educational programs to lead systems improvement
- Developing all staff at the front line to be able to provide exceptional care and continuously improve quality of care
- Learning about best practices for patient safety, quality outcomes, nurse satisfaction, and innovations in nursing excellence
- Creating opportunities to sustain and enhance Maine’s effort to address the evolving nursing shortage
- The abstract must be typed in a word format using a font no smaller than 12 points, Times New Roman. It should be single-spaced on one page.
- The title must be IN CAPITAL LETTERS on the first line. Do not indent. The title should be brief and indicate concisely the nature of the presentation. Please specify if you are submitting for poster or oral presentation.
- The author and co-author names, institutions or organizations, cities, and states follow immediately under the title, in lower case. Each author(s) credentials should appear immediately after his/her name.
- Leave one line between the title/author block and the body of the abstract.
- The abstract should be brief and should not be a complete paper about the presentation (please limit to one to three short paragraphs).
- Presenters are responsible for all expenses.
- Both forms must be completed for each presenter and sent in with the abstract.
- All forms are due by January 16, 2017 and must be emailed as a Word attachment (not PDF) with “Attention Abstract Submission” in the subject line to Lisa Caruso at: [email protected]
Authors will be notified of the status of their submission(s) by week of January 30, 2017.